The SeaSkater is a self-adjusting weir oil skimmer, it represents a significant step forward in weir skimmer design. Conventional weir skimmers typically have the float frame under the skimmer, the unique SeaSkater has it above to reduce draft. The SeaSkater has large diameter floats to increase the water line beam, combined with lightweight design, results in a new generation of weir skimmers with unparalleled responsiveness to wave movements.
The OceanSkater self-adjusting weir oil skimmer represents a significant step forward in weir skimmer design. Conventional weir skimmers typically have the float frame under the skimmer while the unique OceanSkater has it above to reduce draft. The OceanSkater has large diameter floats to increase the water line beam, combining with a lightweight design, results in a new generation of weir oil skimmers with unparalleled responsiveness to wave movements. The high buoyancy to weight ratio limits drastic changes in draft due to skimmer loading.
The Circus Skimmer is an inline oil skimmer that is coupled with river boom and harnesses water flow to separate the oil and water. The skimmer has a circular chamber that accumulates the oil and allows the water to exit the bottom. This skimmer is ideal for calm river conditions. Tested at Ohmsett (an independent test facility) it was able to recover 90% of oil at 2 knots.
The ELASTEC Pelican oil skimmer is a simple self-adjusting weir skimmer for inland waterways. The design incorporates a self-adjusting weir that pivots within a robust, lightweight floating frame. The skimmer has ASTM compliant boom connectors at the front. Coupling booms (optional extra) will increase the encounter, maximizing recovery rates.
ASTM Standards for Oil Skimmers
The following links offer information related to ASTM International standards for oil skimmers.
- F631-15(2020) Standard Guide for Collecting Skimmer Performance Data in Controlled Environments
- F1084-08(2018) Standard Guide for Sampling Oil/Water Mixtures for Oil Spill Recovery Equipment
- F1607-95(2018) Standard Guide for Reporting of Test Performance Data for Oil Spill Response Pumps
- F1778-97(2020) Standard Guide for Selection of Skimmers for Oil-Spill Response
- F1780-18 Standard Guide for Estimating Oil Spill Recovery System Effectiveness
- F2008-00(2018) Standard Guide for Qualitative Observations of Skimmer Performance
- F2709-19 Standard Test Method for Determining a Measured Nameplate Recovery Rate of Stationary Oil Skimmer Systems
- F3350-18 Standard Guide for Collecting Skimmer Performance Data in Ice Conditions
Oil Skimmer Questionnaire
Thank you for considering the Elastec Oil Skimmers. Please complete a few simple questions that will help define your requirement .