Frequently Asked Questions
Which type of vacuum pump do I need, Positive Displacement or Rotary Vane?
Our positive displacement vacuum pump is good for moving solids. These pumps typically run 14 to 16 Hg and move more air than the Rotary Vane. The air carries the solids to the tank. The Rotary Vane vacuum pump is good for moving liquids. They typically move less air but have a higher vacuum up to 27 Hg.
Do you have a unit that is good for hydro excavation?
Yes, the PACS 2000 and the PACS 920 have a optional 5 GPM 3000 PSI power washer that works well with the vacuum system for hydro excavation.
Do you have a vacuum unit that is good for moving liquids?
Yes, the PACS 424 has a vane pump and is good to 27 Hg and can pressure unload up to 15 PSI.
Where to buy an Elastec vacuum unit?
You can purchase a vacuum unit from our authorized dealer in your area. If there is no dealer in your area you can purchase straight from the factory.
Is there a lot of maintenance to do on an Elastec vacuum trailer?
There is very little maintenance to do:
- Check engine oil regularly
- Check air cleaner regularly
- Check hydraulic oil level regularly
- Check oil in blower or vacuum pump regularly
- Clean sight glasses as needed
- Open drain valves on moisture trap regularly
- Change oils and filters per specifications
- Apply grease at grease points regularly