We are an industry leader in the manufacture of oil containment boom. Our standard oil containment boom is always in stock. Elastec offers a wide variety of accessories. We can also manufacture custom boom to fill individual needs. We also offer the BoomVane™ to aid in the deployment of containment boom in moving water or with a vessel.
Elastec’s line of floating trash and debris boom is designed to contain or exclude floatables. Whether you are trying to stop debris in waterways or protect beaches from invasive aquatic plants, we can provide a solution that works for you.
Turbidity curtains, silt curtains, silt screens, silt barriers, or turbidity barriers, as they are sometimes called, are floating barriers used in marine construction, dredging, and remediation projects to control the silt and sediment in a body of water. Elastec turbidity curtains can be set up to keep construction areas in compliance and protect the environment.
Invasive Aquatic Plant Barriers are used for the control and containment of aquatic plant life. Our floating barriers are designed with an emphasis on improving water quality and are used to maintain a natural, balanced ecosystem. Elastec barriers have recreational, agricultural, and industrial uses and control water born pollutants.
Elastec is a world leader in the design and manufacture of fire boom. In the summer of 2010, we supported the controlled burn effort in the Gulf of Mexico to minimize the impact from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Several models of fire resistant oil boom were deployed in the early stages of the in-situ burning operation.
Elastec can manufacture a custom boom, barrier or curtain from geosynthetic materials. Whether it’s aquatic harvesting, floating trash and debris, silt and sediment, oil spills or surface water pollution issues, our custom booms are designed with an emphasis on improving water quality through the reduction and control of pollutants.
Oil containment boom reels are the fastest and most efficient means for storage, deployment and recovery of longer lengths of boom. Most of our reels have the ability to free-wheel to speed up deployment. Our boom reels may be hydraulic or manually operated and are suitable for both inflatable boom and some models of foam flotation boom.
ASTM Standards for Oil Containment Boom
The following links offer information related to ASTM International standards for oil containment boom.
- F625/F625M-94(2017) Standard Practice for Classifying Water Bodies for Spill Control Systems
- F715-07(2018) Standard Test Methods for Coated Fabrics Used for Oil Spill Control and Storage
- F818-16(2020) Standard Terminology Relating to Spill Response Booms and Barriers
- F962-04(2018) Standard Specification for Oil Spill Response Boom Connection: Z-Connector
- F1093-99(2018) Standard Test Methods for Tensile Strength Characteristics of Oil Spill Response Boom
- F1523-94(2018) Standard Guide for Selection of Booms in Accordance With Water Body Classifications
- F1599-95(2018) Standard Guide for Collecting Performance Data on Temporary Storage Devices
- F1657/F1657M-96(2018) Standard Practice for Emergency Joining of Booms with Incompatible Connectors
- F2084/F2084M-01(2018) Standard Guide for Collecting Containment Boom Performance Data in Controlled Environments
- F2438-04(2017) Standard Specification for Oil Spill Response Boom Connection: Slide Connector
- F2682-07(2018) Standard Guide for Determining the Buoyancy to Weight Ratio of Oil Spill Containment Boom
- F2683-11(2017) Standard Guide for Selection of Booms for Oil-Spill Response
Containment Boom Questionnaire
Thank you for considering the Elastec Containment Boom for your project. Please complete a few simple questions that will help define your requirement.