Elastec’s grooved disc skimming technology has received numerous awards such as the Popular Mechanics 2012 Breakthrough Technology Award; the award for Excellence in Environmental Technology at the Offshore Arabia conference in Dubai; and the Nafta Gaz Grand Prix award at the Oil and Gas Conference in Warsaw, Poland. National Geographic ranked the technology second in its “Most Hopeful Energy Developments of 2011” and The Washington Post cited it as the 13th best on its “Moment in Innovation” list.
ASTM Standards for Oil Skimmers
The following links offer information related to ASTM International standards for oil skimmers.
- F631-15(2020) Standard Guide for Collecting Skimmer Performance Data in Controlled Environments
- F1084-08(2018) Standard Guide for Sampling Oil/Water Mixtures for Oil Spill Recovery Equipment
- F1607-95(2018) Standard Guide for Reporting of Test Performance Data for Oil Spill Response Pumps
- F1778-97(2020) Standard Guide for Selection of Skimmers for Oil-Spill Response
- F1780-18 Standard Guide for Estimating Oil Spill Recovery System Effectiveness
- F2008-00(2018) Standard Guide for Qualitative Observations of Skimmer Performance
- F2709-19 Standard Test Method for Determining a Measured Nameplate Recovery Rate of Stationary Oil Skimmer Systems
- F3350-18 Standard Guide for Collecting Skimmer Performance Data in Ice Conditions