Elastec has been recognized over the years for its dedication to building high-quality, durable equipment for oil spill response and water pollution control. Our accomplishments and hard work have resulted in being awarded the X Prize Foundation’s Wendy Schmidt Oil Cleanup X CHALLENGE, the 2012 Popular Mechanics Breakthrough Award, and even an entry in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Elastec’s Hydro-Fire® Boom has been bestowed the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for the “Longest Continuous Burn of Oil Spill at Sea” for its performance during the Deepwater Horizon incident. The record setting burn occured in May of 2010 and lasted for 11 hours and 48 minutes.
Elastec has won the X Prize Foundation’s Wendy Schmidt Oil Cleanup X CHALLENGE with its patented Grooved Disc skimming technology. 27 teams entered the contest with Elastec winning the $1.4 Million prize.
Elastec was the recipient of a Popular Mechanics 2012 Breakthrough Technology Award. They were listed among 10 world-changing innovations for their grooved disc oil skimming technology.
OTHER NOTEWORTHY AWARDS:
- Poland International Oil and Gas Conference & Exhibition – Grand Prix Prize
- National Geographic – #2 Most Hopeful Energy Developments
- The Washington Post – #13 Best Moments in Innovation
- United States Department of Commerce – Export Achievement Award
- Mid-America Trade Summit – Outstanding Exporter Award
- State of Illinois – Governor’s Export Award for Continuing Excellence
- Fast Company
- Oil & Gas Journal
- National Public Radio
- Huffington Post
- Discovery Channel Canada
- Pipeline & Gas Journal
- CNN/American Morning with Ali Velshi
- Fox Business News
- Sea Technology
- Maritime Reporter
- Marine Technology
- Professional Mariner
- Crains Chicago Business
- New Zealand Radio
- Inc. Magazine
- Popular Science Magazine